Good morning! I was contacted by Dressale (a company I've featured before), asking me to make a wishlist featuring their items for a competition. As you all probably know, I love competitions, and Dressale have such pretty dresses so I was totally up for it. I was browsing through their pretty dresses, and decided to create an Alice In Wonderland themed wishlist! It's a bit random I know, but I love all things Alice and it's more fun to create a themed wishlist, rather than just showing some items I like.
What's in my wishlist and why?
- Dress - This dress is absolutely gorgeous, and the inspiration for this Alice-inspired wishlist. When I came across this pastel blue dress with intricate lace, I immediately thought of Alice. I'd love to wear this to my final speech day / graduation this year!
- Shoes - These cute black Oxford-style shoes with bows are exactly the kind of shoes that I picture Alice wearing. They're perfect! £14.77
- Flower Earrings - These dainty little flower earrings are cute and represent the many flowers in Alice In Wonderland, and how Alice falls asleep in the daisies at the beginning of the original Disney film.
- Floral canvas bag - This bag is cute and dainty like Alice. Roses are quite important in Alice in Wonderland, so I had to include something with roses on!
- Quartz Pocket Watch with Hollows - Of course I had to include a pocket watch to represent the White Rabbit, and I liked the design of this one - the hollows almost look like a flower too!
- Musical Teacup & Plate - Tea parties! A teacup is definitely important in an Alice in Wonderland inspired wishlist! I like the cute musical design of this one, and it comes with a plate!
- Heart-shaped cookie & cake cutters - These heart-shaped cookie/cake cutters are so cute! Perfect for a Mad Hatter's tea party.
- Jewellery Box - I'd imagine Alice to have a jewellery box like this, and the roses make it more Wonderland-esque!
- Cute memo pad - These don't really relate that much to the theme, but they're so cute! I can totally imagine Alice using cute stationery like this, and the cute animals could represent her friends in Wonderland, like the Cheshire Cat.
What would Alice wear to a formal event like prom?
I love the way that Tim Burton portrayed Alice in his film, especially the gorgeous princess-style prom dresses! However for my formal Alice look, I decided on a dress that's more wearable and represents Wonderland.
The Formal Dress - This dress isn't really the right shade of blue for Alice, but I think that the simple style represents Alice well. I love the gorgeous peacock-esque pattern on the bodice - I think the beauty and intricacy of the pattern represents Wonderland, and the unique-ness represents the Mad Hatter! Also the original Mad Hatter wears a turquoise outfit. This dress is stunning.
What would you feature in an Alice in Wonderland themed wishlist?
Thanks for reading!
Thanks for reading!